Saturday, October 27, 2012

LocoThology is Here!

I am completely jazzed to have received Loconeal Publishing's LocoThology at last.  Why am I so excited about this anthology?  Because I'm in it!  "Dolls Are For Kids" was a blast to write, and I was thrilled when Loconeal told me they were accepting it.  Check it out here; you can buy it on Amazon.com:   http://www.amazon.com/LocoThology-Fantasy-Science-Fiction-Volume/dp/0985081740/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351351188&sr=8-1&keywords=LocoThology

I promise you it's a worthwhile read.  All the stories in this book are engaging, inventive and lovely from start to finish.  I especially loved the first one, "Hot Encounter," by J.M. Odell, but I won't tell you what it's about because that will ruin the surprise revelation of the plot; don't worry, it comes within the first few pages.

Yes, it's been a rough year in more ways than one (health issues, losing our Dad, etc.).  But life moves along, with its curves and dips and turns, some up, some down... and I must admit as a writer, it's been a wonderful year for me.  My story, "Blue Angels," appeared in The Binnacle, published by University of Maine (http://machias.edu/need-a-copy.html), and "Strange Companions at London Zoo" will appear in Big Pulp magazine (http://exterpress.com/catalog/33) produced by Exter Press next fall or winter 2013.  Yahoozie!  

I've been published in several e-magazines, including Quail Belle this year, too.  They featured "The Bowl" (http://www.quailbellmagazine.com/2/post/2012/09/short-story-the-bowl.html) a few months ago, and I was almost apoplectic with euphoria!  And yes, fellow writers, you can be apoplectic with emotions other than anger.  I was beyond myself, outside myself, overcome with pride of accomplishment.  When you've written and submitted over fifty stories, received hundreds of rejections, those few acceptance letters are golden treasures of the heart.

I have to keep this short because I am still fighting with this disc and can't sit for long.  I need to find one of those cool laptop pillows so I can type on my lap without straining my neck.  I miss my writing, and unfortunately, extreme pain is not terribly conducive to creativity.  But it's getting better after cortisone shot #2, lots of rest and careful PT.  Fingers crossed, I'll be back to my world of fiction again soon.

Meanwhile, thank you Blogger.com for giving me a place to ink it up a little and keep it short.