Friday, August 23, 2013

Upcoming Stories... An UPDATE!

I was elated this afternoon to hear that "Salem Cemetery," published by Inwood Indiana Press, has finally been released in paperback.  This book is an anthology and has two of my short stories, "Lycanthrope" and "Mandolyn."  Both stories are written in the Magic-Realism genre.  


UPDATE!  I just received news that "Apeshit," another anthology, has been published by Exeter Press in paperback form.  This issue includes my short story, "Strange Companions at London Zoo."  Of all the stories I've written, this general interest story is one I'm most fond of, given that one of the story's main characters is "Gee," a mountain gorilla.  Next to wolves and koalas, mountain gorillas are my next favorite animal.  They are truly beautiful creatures with more depth and intelligence than most people give them credit for.  I hope anyone out there who gives that story a gander will feel the same way I do about it (the story and the mountain gorilla).

I have to keep this short because I'm still having trouble sitting or standing for more than a few minutes at a time (back injury and SI joint dysfunction).  Though my sacrum is killing me, my fingers are itching to write again.  I hope to be back to full-length blog entries, as well as more short stories, as soon as I'm healed, and I will continue to share links to this blog with all my email friends whenever there is something new to report.

Until next time...

No comments: